A Southerner in London

Sunday, March 26, 2006

The Big Step

I've actually done it. Created my own blog. How am I supposed to start this? I guess I will get the hang of it as time goes on...It is strange thinking I am going to post this entry and anyone who wants may read it. I can't promise this site will be especially funny or witty or thought-provoking. But I hope it will give others a peek at Adam's and my life in London and help us stay in touch over the miles. As all of my friends and family know, I find it very difficult to communicate consistently (or at all). I do apologize to all of you once again for that. I hope this will help us feel a bit involved in each other's lives! I don't know how often I'll write. Another "play-it-by-ear."

It feels quite late at the moment so I will probably keep this short. Ironically I am not starting this "London" blog in the UK. I am back in my parent's house in The Homeseeker's Paradise (Brookhaven, Mississippi for those of you who haven't had the great priviledge of visiting before). Adam and I have been here for a week and a half for a very special occasion...the wedding of my big brother Robbie (I just can't switch to Rob!) and my new sister-in-law, Tina. The big day was yesterday, the 25th of March. It was a beautiful wedding and let me tell you that these two are awfully happy to be married!! We've all had a wonderful weekend laughing and reminicing with family and friends, eating yummy food, and worshipping the Lord together--oh, and eating more yummy food. Tina is a wonderful woman who I am proud to call my sister. She has found a treasure in my dear brother Robbie, as well. Hopefully they'll come visit us in London soon! After all the food and visiting with tons of family I am one happy, sleepy girl. So on that note I will close. I have to be careful cause I can tend to get really random and wordy when I am tired....So what was I saying? Oh yes, good-bye for now. :)

4 Comments:

Blogger Helen Clare said...

(Not really HelenClare but "Mama." We'll have to figure out how to change that.) What fun reading your first "blog" HelenClare! You learn well from your Aunt Jan. It certainly was a full, fun, and busy weekend--and now it is hard to believe that your brother is married...2 of you down and 2 to go. ;)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY darling! Your day has started out fun, making your (surprise) birthday cake with Adam and fixing the cinnabons for your breakfast. I will be verbally sentimental later today and not on paper. :)

Love you precious daughter, Mama.

8:24 AM  
Blogger RCO said...

Great start, Helen Clare! And how special it has been having you and Adam here with us for the happy occasion of the marriage of Rob and Tina. And today we get to celebrate your birthday with Adam and some other family members. How well I remember the day you were born and how thrilled we were and thankful to the Lord that you were a precious little girl!! :o) We love you so very much and thank the Lord for you and for your wonderful husband Adam.

It's about time for the "cinibuns" and coffee so I will close for now.

Lots of love, Daddy (AKA "The Silver Fox") ;o)

8:38 AM  
Blogger RCO said...

It has been so wonderful having you and Adam here with us, and I am so thankful that we have had these extra days with you! It's hard to let you b oth leave, but I know you are where the Lord wants you to be and that helps a lot!! Now we will look forward to your next visit. And I know that the weather then will be HOT and HUMID!!! Love you both so, so much, Daddy

9:20 AM  
Blogger RCO said...

It has been so wonderful having you and Adam here with us, and I am so thankful that we have had these extra days with you! It's hard to let you b oth leave, but I know you are where the Lord wants you to be and that helps a lot!! Now we will look forward to your next visit. And I know that the weather then will be HOT and HUMID!!! Love you both so, so much, Daddy

9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home