A Southerner in London

Saturday, April 15, 2006

My Neighborhood






Here's the front door to our set of flats. Ours is on the ground floor, not first as we'd call it in the U.S. (If something here is 5 floors, don't be fooled--it's actually 6, and yes you'll probably have to climb narrow stairs all the way up.) The other pics are scenes I see on my runs around Regent's Park. The tall tower is the BT Tower and is right down the street from us. Can you see "The London Eye" beside it? It's a huge farris-wheel type thing that was built in 2000. Good touristy thing to do as it gives you a good view of the city. The picture of the big green patch is taken on top of Primrose Hill. I noticed the other day that all these people were on the hill as the sun was setting. It was a strange sight because I've been running there all winter long and it's usually been deserted. What are these people doing invading my park? It will only get worse as summer approaches...1000s of people fill the park each day in summer (when it's not raining of course). In the dead of winter you could go through the whole park and only see a handful of people. Shouldn't we handful get some kind of special park privileges for sticking it out all year long? :) Joking aside, it is nice to see people out and about and all cheery. Keeps the run a bit more interesting.

2 Comments:

Blogger CuzNuz Ruth said...

Hi HC, those are some good pictures of London. I really like the blue door to your apartment. How cheery.

2:24 PM  
Blogger RCO said...

I have set the picture of the city from Regent's Park as my desktop background!!! :o)

10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home